Your cloud is only as good as your network! While the cloud has many, many benefits, much of its potential can be unmet if there are issues with your network such as delays, interruptions, congestion, or downtime. Which is why we are going to talk about the steps you need to take to take to ensure your network is cloud-ready.
Planning your network should be a preliminary step, BEFORE implementing your cloud solutions. The network infrastructure should be suited to the cloud. There are three basic things your network should be able to uphold: integrated management tools, the ability to connect with minimal latency, and it should be able to compute elements. In other words, security, dependability, performance/bandwidth! Upgrading or reframing your network is usually necessary.
A few steps to take:
- Assess your current network. Think about its design, capacity, devices and capability.
- Assess your security, integrated security may be the way to go.
- Start integrating your network and optimizing for your cloud.
- Can your network handle the increase in workload?
- Is your network flexible and capable of automation? Consider maintenance and management as an approach.
Assessing if your network is cloud ready is an important thing to do to ensure you don’t have issues with lag or connectivity once you deploy the cloud. Your experience with the cloud is greatly dependent on how prepared your network is!